Old October 19th 09, 10:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.misc
Brian Whatcott

Default Finally following my dreams

Ron wrote:
On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 18:22:29 +0100, Rudy26

At 45, I've finally decided to follow my lifelong dream of flying. I
guess my first concern is, am I too old. I don't want to be a airline
pilot, but cessnas or flying instructor would be nice, so long as I get
in the air.

My other concern is a reoccuring inner ear problem, labyrinthitis. ...

45 certainly isn't too old. I started at 55 and am still flying at 75
and enjoying every second of it....
Ron K

I was talking to a Dallas realtor and truck delivery driver this week
end. Used to be a coach/teacher til he burned out. Bill Yerby.
Hard to find a nicer guy. He got tired of watching air shows and
thought he would have some. Got a ticket at 48. He's 55.

Many folks can fly as an avocation, but few can work as pilots, all
the same. If labyrinthitis is a middle ear problem that affects balance,
you might try standing on each foot in turn with your eyes shut.
If you regularly fall over, you might want to think again.
Otherwise, go for it!

Brian W