Old November 7th 04, 04:22 PM
Blanche

Cub Driver wrote:
On 6 Nov 2004 19:20:43 -0800, (PaulH) wrote:

I took my Arrow up to 10,500 today

I have been skiing at Ajax (Aspen Mountain) on a regular basis for
nearly forty years and have never noticed any effect on mental acuity
at 11,000 feet. Of course it may be that skiers are mentally inacute
to begin with.

But Dan, we *start* at 5K+ MSL! I ski Loveland (10-11K) all the
time with no problems. But remember, we're up and down within
15-30 min (depending on the lift lines and being amazed at where
we live). Flying is something else -- we stay up there for long
periods of time.

My body prefers O2 any time I've over 8K MSL for more than an
hour.