Old July 22nd 03, 02:32 AM
Big John

Jay

Seen on news where Ceder Rapids go hit very hard. How did their
airport and planes make out?

Big John

Also how did the Iowa City birds make out?

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 19:18:55 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

Straight line winds (or a small tornado) of almost 100 miles per hour tore
through here last night, turning the inn into a complete shambles of downed
limbs, broken windows, and -- worst of all -- damage to our party area,
jeopardizing this Sundays fly-in pool party!

Yes, our poolside gazebo actually went AIRBORNE, flying completely over the
pool and into the fence beyond, where it thankfully stopped before hitting
the parked cars on the other side. The bar under the gazebo was actually
blown over -- and this is a bar that two stout men have trouble standing
upright once it's laid down.

You could nearly have walked across the pool on the limbs that were blown
into it... What a god-awful mess...

Luckily, we have located another gazebo, and should have it assembled and
installed before the party this Sunday. A crew of devoted helpers have
spent the day cleaning the grounds and repairing damage. In short, NOTHING
short of perdition will stop us from provided free beer to any pilot who
stops on their way to Oshkosh, by cracky!

And we've still got three suites left, for those who wish to spend the
night...