Old July 7th 04, 12:40 PM
John T

"Yossarian" wrote in message
. 97.142

I'm planning my 250 nm XC for my instrument rating and would like to
do a PAR approach at Pt. Mugu naval airfield (NTD) in CA on my way
back from San Luis Obispo. How would I file that? I will be coming
down V25, should I expect the IAF to be VTU? Is there any way to
indicate in the flight plan that I would like a practice approach
there on my way back to Hawthorne? Perhaps "PRAC APPCH NTD" in the
remarks section?

I'd think (especially post-9/11) that you'd want to call Pt. Mugu prior to
even planning the approach. If you get their permission, then I'd recommend
filing NTD as a waypoint on your route with "PLA NTD" in the remarks section
(with "PLA" being understood to be "practice low approaches").

--
John T
http://tknowlogy.com/TknoFlyer