Old July 7th 04, 05:53 PM
Robert M. Gary

Yossarian wrote in message .97.142...
I'm planning my 250 nm XC for my instrument rating and would like to do a
PAR approach at Pt. Mugu naval airfield (NTD) in CA on my way back from San
Luis Obispo. How would I file that? I will be coming down V25, should I
expect the IAF to be VTU? Is there any way to indicate in the flight plan
that I would like a practice approach there on my way back to Hawthorne?

Whenever you are going to a semi-busy airport, don't worry about
filing all the way to the IAF, just to the general area. You'll always
get vectors anyway.

Perhaps "PRAC APPCH NTD" in the remarks section?

You can put anything you want in the remarks and ATC will see it
(unlike a VFR flight plan).