Old March 24th 08, 08:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Default Rod Machado's New PPL Manual

Larry Dighera wrote:
On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 15:12:47 -0400, Dudley Henriques
wrote:

Rod takes the most complicated of issues
and presents them intelligently and with a splash of humor that is
unbelievably educational.

I find Rod's public appearances entertaining and fun, but the humor he
injects into his training manuals is just unnecessary extraneous
fodder to wade through. But that's just my personal view as a
student.

Interesting.

Rod's books aside, I would counter by telling you that in my 50 odd
years of teaching, lecturing, and dealing with the learning environment
generally, I have found the judicious use of, and injection of humor in
this environment to be an INVALUABLE and in fact, an INDISPENSABLE tool
for ANY teacher.

The most successful teachers I have known in my life have ALL used humor
in their approach to their professions. In fact, I have found any and
all credible sources within the teaching community dealing with
instructing others how to teach stressing the value of humor as a
teaching tool.

I can find no misuse or overload whatsoever with the way Rod uses humor
in his books. In addition, I find his use of humor one of the most
positive aspects of his writing style.

Thank you however, for your opinion.

--
Dudley Henriques