Old January 12th 07, 05:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Peter R.

Default Pitot heat element failed. Options?

Marco Leon wrote:

My heating element went south on my Piper pitot tube. Apparently there
were two heating elements in there and I was able to purchase them
separately. You may want to explore the option of purchasing just the
heating elements.

Thanks, Marco, but in the Bonanza's case, the heating element and the tube
are one unit.

I contacted American Bonanza Society and they have given me some contacts
to explore. Of course the issue is time, since I am flying a lot this
winter in the Northeast US I have to have the Pitot heat back working
relatively quickly.

--
Peter