Old February 26th 20, 02:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Shaun Wheeler

Default LiFePo Refit Part 23 AC

SLA needs replacement and aircraft is part 23 utility. A LiFePo in the same foot print would be great, I definitely see folks using them and no less than three online stores selling them.

So I started looking at AC 20-184 which seems to be the FAA equivalent of trial by ordeal. Okay, I get it. They aren't quite as proven as SLA and a few have self immolated.

I've found at least a couple of EASA approvals that are sailplane specific but nothing that satisfies the lengthy list of hurdles the FSDO would likely accept.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Am I overthinking this?