Old September 23rd 07, 11:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

Default Airline VP Named COO of FAA ATC: Fox In Henhouse?

Does anyone else see a potential conflict of interest here?

FAA NAMES UAL CAPTAIN AS CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER FOR ATO
(http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archive...ll.html#196171)
Henry (Hank) Krakowski, vice president of flight operations for
United Air Lines, has been named
(http://www.dot.gov/affairs/dot9707.htm) chief operating officer
(COO) of the FAA's Air Traffic Organization. He will lead the
35,000 controllers, technicians, engineers and support personnel
who run the National Airspace System. As COO, he will oversee
operations and finances as well as research and acquisition
programs. "Hank is the right person to help implement the next
generation of aviation technology," said Department of
Transportation Secretary Mary Peters. "His commitment to safety,
outstanding operational experience, and leadership abilities will
advance our efforts to modernize our nation's air transportation
system."
http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archive...ll.html#196171