Old September 23rd 07, 11:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Dohm

Default Airline VP Named COO of FAA ATC: Fox In Henhouse?

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
ups.com...
I wasn't referring to a scheduling conflict. I'm wondering if his ATC
decisions will favor major airline interests over regionals and GA.

Although the possibility exists, I take comfort in my many
conversations with airline captains. Thankfully, airline captains
aren't born whole -- they work their way up from the bottom, and often
look back with nostalgia and wistfulness at their early days in
aviation.

This means that not only were they once GA pilots themselves, they
often long for the freedom and sheer joy of flying their own plane
whenever and wherever they want, and chafe under the yoke of "flying
the line".

I haven't met any airline pilot who would knowingly do anything to
harm GA. Let's hope this new guy fits the mold.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Fortunately, many still *are* GA pilots; and I hope that this guy is one of
them!

Peter