Old November 25th 17, 04:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt Herron Jr.

Default LX S80 or ERA 80?

On Friday, November 24, 2017 at 2:50:09 PM UTC-8, Ken wrote:
On Friday, November 24, 2017 at 3:00:15 PM UTC-5, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:
looking for a nice electronic vario/flight computer. I have used a V7 in the past and liked it. Anyone want to share an opinion about the LX Nav S80 vs the LX Navigation ERA 80?

I have flarm core, so I don't need the GPS. I also use an Oldie II, so the moving map features are less interesting to me. I like the idea of an AH add-on in the S80.

Fire away...

Inquiring minds want to know... What glider did you decide to buy?

I ended up buying Wes's ASW27b in Florida, J3. Very happy with my decision. Thanks for all the helpful advice from the RAS community.

Matt