Old February 20th 18, 07:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WaltWX[_2_]

Default SkySight Soaring Weather Forecasting

FYI...

I will be presenting at the SSA Convention Reno 9am March 1st:

"Soaring Forecasting – Models and Websites UPDATE"

Will be comparing Skysight.io, XCSkies, and TopMeteo ... special mention to RASP and Paul Scorer's work. This will include Pros/Cons of each service and updates since my February 2017 Soaring magazine article.

I'll also show the latest web sites for modeling output, radar, GOES-16,17 imagery... the latest and best. Plus my take on "Weather in the Cockpit - 2018".

Bernd Fisher will use some of my time to talk about TopMeteo

Matthew Scutter will be presenting on Skysight.io Friday Mar 2nd, 11am

Walt Rogers WX

PS - If you are driving to Reno.. please check latest forecasts. Good chance of snow - Tue through Thursday.