Old July 10th 03, 09:31 PM
Richard Lamb

bob zee wrote:

"Richard Lamb" wrote in message
How about building a 2180.

Personally, I'd not fly a turbocharged VW.

Ever.

Richard

this observation come from personal experience?

--
bob z.

"people with less brain power than you are doing more difficult things
everyday"©

Yep. We have a lot of VW powered airplanes around here.
Heck, I've had two myself, and a new one about to hatch.

A home brew VW engine making 50 HP or so is one thing.

A home brew turbo is another breed of cat completely.

I'll happily let those with less brain power have at it.

Either they'll design a good waste gate control system,
or they will blow the engine (real bad pun).

There is what you know you know,
What you know you don't know,
What don't know you know,
and what you don't know you don't know.

That last one seems to cause a lot of problems.