Old November 25th 10, 01:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chuck Coyne

Default Future Club Training Gliders

At 20:36 24 November 2010, Mike Schumann wrote:
On 11/17/2010 9:59 PM, Tony V wrote:

http://www.soaringchapters.org/world_report/

I am very surprised at the extremely low number of add-on

glider
ratings. Can this be right? Last year, only 10 power pilots

added on a
glider rating in the entire US?

From the January 2010 issue to the December 2010 issue of
Soaring Magazine, we published in the Milestones section the
notices of about 20 power pilots who had added the glider rating.
It's pretty doubtful that 100% of the add-on rating recipients send
the photos and info to the magazine. (A few of the ratings in the
January, February issues may have been from 2009). FWIW
Chuck Coyne