Old November 13th 03, 04:08 PM
Kyler Laird

Robert Perkins writes:

Hey, forgive me for being a low-timer noob rube, but how would one go
about using this data? Any examples I could use to start hacking away?

TIFF viewers are widely available so if you just want to grab an image
and view/print it you should be all set.

If you want to go back and forth between pixels and locations (latitude
and longitude), you'll need to exploit these images' GeoTIFF info.
http://remotesensing.org/geotiff/geotiff.html

I'm using GDAL
http://www.remotesensing.org/gdal/
from Python to do this. I'll be happy to share code, but I'm still
trying to figure out a lot of it.

If you're not into programming that much, wait for me to get some other
tools available. Feel free to make requests. I'm thinking that I might
start posting about this in rec.aviation.misc with subjects beginning
"aviationtoolbox: " so that others can easily track/skip the threads.

--kyler