Old January 27th 04, 05:47 PM
Peter Kemp

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 12:49:30 -0000, "Keith Willshaw"
wrote:

"M. Santoro" wrote in message
. com...
Keith,

I'll accept "none" as a valid answer! The story idea assumes that the
US rebellion failed in 1776, only to flare up again two centuries
later. If the RAF or c-wealth air forces were ill-equipped to fight
that kind of war, so much the better from a storywriting perspective.

If the rebellion of 1776 had failed I'd still expect that the North American
colonies would achieve indepedence following the same sort of
model as Canada, Australia and New Zealand.

And indeed it would be likely to be the Commonwealth of North America,
including both the Canadian provinces as well as the American
colonies, probably with a capital in either New York or Boston.

An interesting what-if would be whether the area of the Louisiana
Purchase and the South Western "aquisitions" would have occured - I
can see Louisiana being taken post 1815 as reparations, but I'm not
sure if the Empire would have taken on Texas, California and so on.

Peter Kemp