Old February 8th 06, 11:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Ping: Toecutter

Bob Chilcoat wrote:
: My Hershey-Bar wing Archer is in for annual. Today they found a crack in
: the left wing aileron bellcrank support. Sounds dangerous. It's going to
: need replacing. Any idea if this is as big a job as it sounds like? Will
: the wing skins need to come off? Anyplace I can find a drawing of the
: structure online? Thanks.

Having looked up in that inspection hole a number of times on my plane, it
sounds like it's probably a pretty big deal. I think that support is riveted on one
of the ribs. If it's bolted on somehow you might have a chance, but if it's riveted
you're going to have to pull some skin off, I think.

Sorry to hear about that. Now I've got another thing to check closely on mine
next time...

-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss *