Old August 20th 03, 04:26 AM

On 19 Aug 2003 01:40:57 GMT, (BEEPER708) wrote:

That was a Lear 24. Probably THE most INefficient of the Lear Family!!!
IF...(and I think it IS impossible) IF he were to land on WET pavement and were
able to stop in UNDER half a mile....it would be a miracle.

Yer probably correct, but I know you can get one stopped on 5,000
feet of wet concrete (no rain grooves).

He CERTAINLY would NOT be able to get that aircraft OFF the bridge!!! The Lear
24 needs in EXCESS of 6000' of runway to take off!

You see, that's the funny part. useta work for a company that
based/operated a 24D out of 5,000 feet. After I left, they stretched
it to a whopping 5800 feet. unloaded auto parts out of a crap-load of
"other" Lears at the same field...

snip

I hate when they ruin movies with stupid bull**** like that! WHERE ARE THEIR
TECHNICAL ADVISOR'S??????

"They" couldn't possibly care less, kinda like the media...

TC