Old October 5th 03, 03:50 AM
Trentus

wrote in message
"Trentus" wrote:

recent unexpected inheritance than spend it on a CPL (H)
The minimum wage was around $34,000 which is only $6 grand more than

what I
made last year as a cleaner (janitor for the US readers) and rises to

about
$48,456. Now bearing in mind these are $-Aus not $US, those are very

poor

Have you considered a CFI license? Over here, a lot of guys get that
before going all out commercial. That way, other people are paying
you to get more hours in a helicopter. I don't know anything about
the license structure over in AU, but I assume its similar.

Pardon my ignorance, I'm only just beginning my enquiries into this field,
what is a CFI licence?

Regarding the IT degree, I was using that to put the costs in perspective.
The IT industry over here has also died, people once on $128 per hour, are
now back to
$35k - $40k annual. I just meant that if I wanted to use the money for a
career change there were
better places to put it. But a career change isn't my main goal, though it
would be nice.

And thanks for the advice, I greatly appreciate all the helpful input I've
recieved from this group.

Trentus