Old July 9th 06, 06:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.misc
Paul Tomblin

Default Do they still make ONC/TPC charts?

In a previous article, Peter said:
(Paul Tomblin) wrote
But in the case of DAFIF, the real reason is that the Australian avaition
authority sued Jeppeson for using their copyright data. Rather than
waiting to see if Australia won and/or that Australian would then go after
them, they just withdrew.

Why do you think that the US action (on DAFIF) is in any way linked to
Australia?

Because that's what the DAFIF program manager told me last year.

--begin quoted text--
This initiative began because the Australian AIP producers are
suing Jeppesen for copyright infringement. I don't know any of the details
involved, but in order to prevent a similar situation, we are researching
contingencies like this.

Jerry Leicht
DAFIF Program Manager
National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA)
Comm: 314-263-4636
DSN: 693-4636
Pager and Voicemail: 877-523-0130

--end quoted text--

In Europe, the Eurocontrol database is essentially what DAFIF provides
and is free.

Except the only format I've found it in are PDF files, which are useless
for trying to extract the data into a database.

--
Paul Tomblin
http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/