Old July 9th 06, 11:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.misc

Default Do they still make ONC/TPC charts?

Paul Tomblin wrote:
In a previous article, Peter said:
In Europe, the Eurocontrol database is essentially what DAFIF provides
and is free.

Except the only format I've found it in are PDF files, which are useless
for trying to extract the data into a database.

I went to http://www.ead.eurocontrol.int (needs Java and pop-ups), asked
for a list of all the DMEs in the world, and it spit out a report in
HTML. The source was remarkably clean and a minute with vi (which could
easily turn into a minute with sed) turned it into CSV, which OO happily
read in. If you like, I can send you what I have.

Matt Roberds