Old June 8th 12, 06:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]

Default Flarm Audio and Towplanes

Bob,

I did a post on this earlier. I use my PowerFlarm portable in both my glider and Husky tow plane. I installed a plug-in super bright LED that attaches to the side of the PF with Velcro. It plugs into the audio out and the coaxial power jack on the PF, so is easy to remove. It uses the PF audio out to bias a transistor driver for the alarm LED - - bright enough to get your attention even in full sunlight.

One can also wire the PF audio out directly to the headset jack in the aircraft. Even though the PF has menu adjustable audio out level, depending on audio levels desired, you may need to install a series dropping resistor of 50 ohms or more to lower the audio to a reasonable level.

bumper