Old December 9th 04, 03:01 PM
Jose

The regs generally forbid flying an airplane less than 500 feet from any
structure or vessel, except for takeoff and landing.

So what? Those regulations don't apply in congested areas (such as those
described by Ernest), and they don't apply during takeoffs and landings in
any case (the specific situation this entire thread is about).

Over congested areas it's 1000 feet. And I stated "except for takeoff
and landing", which =is= what the thread is about. I was clarifying
what the reg is, not arguing that the reg prohibits takeoff or landing
outside an airport.

Jose
(r.a.homebuilt trimmed)
--
Freedom. It seemed like a good idea at the time.