Old March 21st 05, 05:20 AM
A Lieberman

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 05:13:03 GMT, Jimbob wrote:

I woiuld expect no more than 2 passengers, however, I think we could
survive with a two seater tandem. Our home runway is about 2835 ft
with trees on both ends. I'd like to spend around $40K. (or less)

Jim,

I bought a Beech Sundowner for 38K, and overhauled the engine for 13.5K.
Not exactly in your price range, but something to consider. I don't think
there are any other "older" low wings outside a Beech that have two doors.

Sundowner is designed for creature comfort, not speed. I plan 110 knots on
my cross countrys. I have am based in MBO (Madison, MS), and flew as far
as Daytona Beach, and Myrtle Beach with no problems.

The plane outflies my bladder :-), so I don't have to worry about VFR or
IFR fuel reserves.

Allen