Old May 16th 05, 04:45 AM
Morgans

"private" wrote

.. I would
also suggest tight weave long sleeve shirts. Often it is sufficient to
apply repellant only to clothing cuffs and collars and to your hat, but

make
sure you have lots. Deet is good and many like Avon "skin so soft".

Long sleeves, no doubt, and a bandanna, or such to cover your neck, and some
cotton gloves. In other words, cover every bit of your skin. A hat with a
skeeter net hanging off it wouldn't hurt. Many of you will say that this is
all overkill, but I can not STAND the buggers walking all over me! I had a
couple episodes with the black flies walking around on my arms, but not
biting, and it almost drove me nuts.

Also, having also spent some time in the Amazon's rain forests, you need
much more than the Deepwoods Off, up north. There is a deet product that
you can get that has much more deet than Off, and works a million times
better. I can't remember right now, but I think it is 20% deet, in a small
bottle.
--
Jim in NC