Old September 17th 05, 02:24 PM
Beav

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...
On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 02:20:28 +0100, "Beav"
wrote:

Ahhh, well there you go. Train spotting is an art, only to be undertaken
whilst wearing an anorack and carrying a thermos flask and a plastic
Tupperware box full of cheese sandwiches. And a pickled onion.

This just REEKS of personal experience..

Are you kidding? I was an absessive train spotter when I was a kid. I lived
close by a MASSIVE siding, complete with all the maintenance sheds. (This
was in the steam days too) A day at the sheds was better than a day at
Disneyland for a train lover. All the building were destroyed when I was a
kid though, along with most of the local stations so it was a very short
obsession. Things don't get much better than riding on the footplate of "The
Royal Scotsman" when you're a steam driven kid.

It requires GREAT skill and fortitude as it entails spending endless hours
standing (real train spotters never SIT) at the side of a well travelled
railway track (or better still, at a train siding (depot to you blokes),
taking note of the locomotive's number as it rumbles, speeds or slitheres
by. This number is then checked against the numbers in the Train Spotter
Reference Book, where once found, the number is actually UNDERLINED in the
book. This can then be used to demonstrate to other train spotters that
you
spotted NUMBER 432186. That can be worth at least 2 pints down the boozer.
good train spoter will have at least 50 books all underlined in neat
script:-)

I think I'd rather visit the dentist...

These days, me too and I'm **** scared of them.

They are NOT obsessed:-)))

Oh, not at all..

It's more a way of life)

"Dork" just doesn't cut it Kev. Sory, but anyone using a speed dialer is
FAR
FAR beyond the Dork stage:-)

Yeah, well I'm a dork with a pilot's license then. hehehe

Yeah, but have you got your pencils in a row? :-)

--
Beav

Reply to "beavis dot original at ntlworld dot com" (with the obvious
changes)