Old August 25th 08, 09:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
JGalban via AviationKB.com

Default How much fuel do you prefer to carry?

Bob F. wrote:

I don't think the C152 requires 2 pilots and we are talking about standard
pilot weights. Can you think of a correct answer?

I hesitated to get into this thread, since I've got a feeling that this is
a trick question.

A late '70s C150 with a moderately equipped panel (1 navcom & txp) has a
useful load of ~450 lbs. Subtract 144 lbs. for a full fuel load and you're
left with 306 lbs.

A pre-solo training flight requires both a student and an instructor. They
would have to average 153 lbs. each to meet the weight limit. Well below
even the old standard of 170 lbs.

Go ahead and pick away.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)