Old February 24th 04, 11:43 AM
Andy Simmons

No, he really had nothing to offer, the Americans had Dornberger,
Von Braun etc. while Heisenberg and co were safely under wraps
at Farm Hall were it became apparent they were knew less than
the western allies had in 1942.

Was it not Kammler, however, who handed the rocket scientists over to
the Americans. I know Kammler was not physically present but it was
him who disobeyed Himmler's orders to "give each scientist a rifle and
send them to the Eastern front". From the book 'The Rocket Team' it
was Kammler who ferried the scientists to safety aboard his private
train, which the scientists had nicknamed the 'Vengenace Express'.
Kammler also told Speer in April 1945 that he was going to make a deal
with the Americans, in which he would trade the rockets and other
developments for his freedom. Another book by Jean Michel 'DORA' ( a
survivor of the camp) claims that Kammler was secretly dealing with
the French Resistance towards the end of the war. Was it not Kammler
who also left the Harz mountain missile complex in fully functioning
order for the American handover, once again disobeying orders to
destroy the factories and their contents? One could argue that the
"Americans only had Dornberger, Von Braun and the rockets etc" only
because Kammler made it so. I disagree with you when you say that
Kammler had nothing to offer.

A number of years ago when I was researching this subject I exchanged
several letters with one of Kammler's sons. He told me that the
Americans had made numerous attempts to contact his father. This is
certainly not something that you will read about in any conventional
history books today.

Its remotely possible that he got out through and became a
farmer in Argentina but doubtful IMHO

IMHO? I have heard this story from several sources, recently a German
lawyer has claimed that General Kammler actually survived the war and
lived in Czechoslovakia as part of a joint deal with the US and
Russia.

I think if Kammler's war diary could be found it would answer alot of interesting questions.

Assuming he kept one.

According to historian Prof Gerald Flemming (whom I have spoken to
several times regarding this issue) Flemming was told in the 1970s by
Czech authorities that General Kammler surrendered his war diary to
American soldiers on the road to Pilsen during the evacuation of
Prague in May 1945. When Flemming requested access to the diary,
however, he was refused and the authorities quickly changed their
story regarding the whereabouts of the Kammler's war diary.
Intriguing!

Andy