Old February 25th 04, 04:23 PM
Keith Willshaw

"Andy Simmons" wrote in message
om...
By then nobody had seen Kammler for a month and it was reported that
he had been shot by his aide on April 7th.

Just another rumour, marvellous aren't they those war time
rumours!......

Official documentation clearly shows that Kammler was still issuing
orders in late April 1945, his last telegram on April 17th refused
Himmler access to a Junkers truck (which several authors have
interpreted as being the JU390, a plane suitable for long haul non
stop cargo flight).

Cite please, we know that Himmler was meeting with
Count Bernadotte in Lubeck on April 24

Incidently, one of the last photographs of the
JU390 was of it being loaded with cargo on an air field in
Czechoslovakia). After the war the JU390 was never found. Further
historical documents tell us that on 22nd April 1945 Kammler agreed to
a request of Gallands to relocate ME 262 jets to the vacinity of
Prague.

Nonsense. Galland was appointed commander of JV-44 in Febuary 1945
It was based at Brandenburg Briest until 3rd April 1945 and then relocated
to Munich Riem in Bavaria were it stayed until 29 April 1945

Galland recorded his last kill on April 26th, when flying a
Me-262 he shot down a B-26 Marauder before being crash landing after
being shot up by a P-47 Thunderbolt piloted by Lt. Jim Finnegan of the
U.S. 50th Fighter Group.

This was however NOT near Prague it was in fact over Neuberg
in Bavaria

As for the elusive General Kammler, no less than six different
accounts (each with a sworn witness statement) exist describing the
death, suicide/heroric death charge of the General. James Lucas' 'Last
Days of the Reich' even gives another sworn statement (a detailed
account of the evacuation of the German families trapped in Prague to
the American lines at Pilsen). This account clearly states that
Kammler was in Prague on May 7th.

Which would have made it somewhat difficult for him to escape to the
Americans since the Soviets took that city

A number of years ago when I was researching this subject I exchanged
several letters with one of Kammler's sons. He told me that the
Americans had made numerous attempts to contact his father. This is
certainly not something that you will read about in any conventional
history books today

Probably because there is no evidence that it ever happened

Not according to Kammler's late wife who spoke about it often to her
sons.
Again I disagree with you strongly when you say kammler had nothing to
trade.

Thats your right of course but since the Americans had the
technicians , scientists and documents ....

IMHO? I have heard this story from several sources, recently a German
lawyer has claimed that General Kammler actually survived the war and
lived in Czechoslovakia as part of a joint deal with the US and
Russia.

And I've heard stories that Elvis is alive and well and working in

a chip shop in Barnsley, that doesnt make it true.

Documentary evidence from this German legal source, (these documents
have been confirmed as authentic by independent forensic examiners)

As were the Hitler diaries as I recall

indicate that General Kammler was involved in an organised technology/
financial transfer out of Germany at the wars end. Meetings are
currently taking place with representatives from a number of Swiss
Banks to investiagte these documents further. These meetings were only
agreed to when bank account numbers and names were decoded from these
documents and presented to the banks by the German investigators.

SS financial transfers to Swiss banks are scarcely news

Did Kammler do a deal? ......possibly we'll have to wait and see.

Keith