Old October 24th 20, 03:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default The Apology

On Friday, October 23, 2020 at 1:35:00 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Wow, a lot of emotions got stirred up here.

Let me see if I can understand how this ad could have been interpreted by the women who complained.

The background poster looks like something from the 50's, the glorious time for men, when women were second class citizens.

The questions being asked by the women "What? No engine? But how?" imply that she's just another dumb blonde, who cannot possibly understand the technical intricacies of motorless flight. Contrast that with the male pilot, whose head gear alone tells us all we need to know about his piloting skills and expertise in flight mechanics.

The caption "Beginning brilliant new love story - Swept Off Her Feet" could imply that there's no point in trying to explain all these intricacies to a women because that would distract her from her main purpose which she can only find in the bedroom and in the kitchen.

With this in mind, I fully agree with Chip and I totally understand and support Linda.

Cheers,
Doug

So, are you also going to take names and excommunicate pilots who disagree with you/Linda?

Tom