Old August 23rd 03, 08:47 PM
Jim

Hey

You don't just hover, you interpret the dynamics of what is occurring and
once you have done that you then interpret the dynamics of what will occur
and correct for it. You need an open mind for this so forget most of your
fixed wing nature and develop new ones for the helicopter. Read and
understand the dynamics prior to and after each lesson. This will help you
to see what is happening. You should be hovering in a small zone in 5 hours
and within 10 hours you will be holding over an exact spot fairly easy.
Don't concern yourself with just hovering, as your lesson progresses while
learning airspeed control, power management, approaches etc. you will learn
it. Sorry this doesn't explane it exactly but you just can't be told what to
do and be able to do it (in this case). One thing to know is, if someone
else does it, so can you (eventually).

Jim

"ABE" hvad@saa wrote in message
k...
Hey

Can any one in here tale me, or rather explain to me how to hover ??
I have tried it in a R22, but it tilt / turned, every time.
First I hold only the height, then height and pedals and that was OK, but
when
I should hold the stick, the helicopter flip. I have asked around, and the
nearest I have come
To an explanation was that it is a "feeling" you get after 15 - 20 hours??
I am a holder of a PPL fixwing, I hope to fly heli. Some day
How do you do it ????? : )

Anker B.
Denmark.