Old August 24th 03, 02:57 PM
Bart

Most ppl make way too many power changes and way too quickly. Usually
they're behind the machine when they do this too. Since the power
changes require the pilot also make anti-torque and cyclic adjustments
they quickly get into some kind of over-corrective oscillation.

One little trick I learned that seems to help people understand hovering
is to show them that if you set and hold the collective at any given
power setting at a hover and point it into the wind, the helicopter will
just stay at the assigned height +/- a couple feet without any changes
to the collective setting.

Bart

ABE wrote:
Hey

Can any one in here tale me, or rather explain to me how to hover ??
I have tried it in a R22, but it tilt / turned, every time.
First I hold only the height, then height and pedals and that was OK, but
when
I should hold the stick, the helicopter flip. I have asked around, and the
nearest I have come
To an explanation was that it is a "feeling" you get after 15 - 20 hours??
I am a holder of a PPL fixwing, I hope to fly heli. Some day
How do you do it ????? : )

Anker B.
Denmark.