Old March 7th 04, 05:35 PM
Ray Andraka

Visual approach is an approach clearance, which means you are also cleared to
descend. No need to report leaving unless explicitly directed to do so by ATC.

Dave Butler wrote:

2) Its VMC and I'm IFR to Temple, level at 5000. At 25 miles out I report
Temple in sight. "N7NZ cleared visual approach to Temple, remain this
frequency til you're closer in". At this point I may descend at will,
right? When I do decide to descend, do I report leaving 5000?

Assuming 5000 was an assigned altitude, yes.

--
--Ray Andraka, P.E.
401/884-7930 Fax 401/884-7950

-Benjamin Franklin, 1759