Old August 9th 09, 05:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ASM

Default ASW 27 vs. Ventus 2b

On Aug 8, 9:08*pm, tommytoyz wrote:
"Are there other sailplanes that deserve to be mentioned with these
(15
meter, flapped, similar performance, similar vintage, etc.)? "

Diana-2 has better performance than either at just about any speed, as
reported by competition pilots flying against it and as measured by
Johnson. It also has a large forward hinged bubble canopy like DG. It
does have a side stick.

Hi there,

Side stick is quite comfortable. I fly Diana and don't see any issues
with the stick location. The only thing about Diana is that it has a
fairly small cockpit. I am 5'10", 186 lbs. and my seatback location is
on the last hole and my rudder pedals are in the most forward
location. If you are taller than that you would probably have to
remove the seatback but I would not recommend it. But both gliders,
the 27 and V2 are excellent ships but don't discount the Diana.

Jacek
Pasco, WA
Diana 561LB