Old November 5th 10, 05:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy

Default PowerFLARM

At the PASCO seminar, Urs was asked the same question and his answer
was that ENL is software enabled.

Ramy

On Nov 5, 8:40*am, "Paul Remde" wrote:
Hi Greg,

I believe that the ENL hardware is in every unit and it can be enabled with
a key - which can be purchased at an time for $100. *But I am not 100%
certain about that. *I have sent an inquiry to find the precise answer.

I was surprised to learn that the PowerFLARM units will be IGC approved, but
will not have the logger's altimeter calibrated upon arrival. *Their take on
it is that it only needs to be calibrated after a successful badge or record
flight. *I'm sure that will save them a lot of labor before shipping the
units, and help keep the cost reasonable. *Of course, I offer an option to
calibrate the unit before shipment, or anytime.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

"Greg Arnold" wrote in message

Paul, your website says "The standard unit does not have Engine Noise
Level recording enabled. *It can be enabled for $100."

I assume this means that if you bought a motorglider in the future, you
would not need to have the unit physically modified as the ENL hardware is
already there? *Is there a software code that would enable the ENL?

On 11/5/2010 6:33 AM, Paul Remde wrote:
Hi Bruce,

I'm not sure I understand your comment. Any discount structure has
points at which the discount changes. That is done to motivate
additional sales, and because it is less expensive to import and ship
batches of units than single units.

I didn't create the discount structure. I am just following the
recommended discounts proposed by FLARM.

There are many soaring clubs putting together some very nice orders. It
is exciting to see the PowerFLARM building the required "critical mass"
very quickly.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

"Bruce Hoult" wrote in message
On Nov 5, 5:49 pm, "Paul Remde" wrote:
Hi,

I have finally added PowerFLARM to my web site. I have tried to make it
valuable resource with new photos and dimensional drawings not found
elsewhere.http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/flarm.htm

I'm taking a lot of orders for PowerFLARM units. Group Discounts are
shown
on the web site. Note that the discounts go down dramatically after
2010.

The discount structure is ... interesting.

For example, 80 units are cheaper than 79.- Hide quoted text -