Old November 29th 03, 12:17 AM
Harry Gordon

Default ICom A-5 Question - Battery Level Indicator

Happy belated Thanksgiving everyone. Hope you didn't over eat like I did
:-( or :-) depending on your perspective.

A month or so ago, I purchased the ICom A-5. It came with the rechargeable
battery. I have read a lot about that battery so I know that it leaves some
to be desired.

After I charged it the first time, I was able to use my radio for several
hours before the low battery indicator symbol was displayed. Well, I
recharged the battery using my wall charger (the slow one), and left it
charging all this past weekend. Today I turned it on and listened to it for
about 15 minutes when the low battery indicator symbol again displayed.

My question is this, I recall reading where it comes on pretty quick, but is
it expected to come on that quick especially given the fact this is only the
second time I have charged that battery????

Hope that question makes sense.

Thanks.

Harry
PP-ASEL