Old January 16th 04, 06:04 PM
Gene Seibel

Sending letters to CBS and sponsors is good. But - I doubt that pilots
are a large enough group to have much effect on CBS or sponsors.
Ratings numbers are king. CBS will always have a large audience of
mind numbed robots soaking up their garbage. Being in the TV business
myself, I have heard many groups make big statements about boycotts
and they have basically all fizzled because Americans have a short
attention span and no discipline. A boycott is fine until a person is
in a store and needs a product. Human nature in private decisions is
to satisfy ones wants instead of sticking to principles. Sponsors know
this.

I believe one thing we can do is talk to other pilots and people in
aviaton about the danger of talking to the media. Again, we are
fighting human nature and the dream of being a TV star, but they are
one group we may be able to get to. Pilots are an independent bunch,
and there are a lot of rogue, lone ranger pilots that are not a part
of any organized groups. We need to track them down and tactfully
explain what damage has and can be done by loose lips.

My two cents worth.
--
Gene Seibel
Secure Hangar 131 - http://pad39a.com/gene/plane.html#security

"Peter Gottlieb" wrote in message .net...
Find all the sponsors of that program and let's start a major letter
campaign to them.

Why should we support companies that support programs that want to take away
our freedoms?

Treasonous behavious. CBS should be ashamed at themselves.

"Jay Masino" wrote in message
It seems as though Charles Osgood has picked up on the anti-GA CBS news
story and is broadcasting it on his "Osgood File" on the radio (he's also
part of the CBS radio network). Here's the transcript from his site...

http://www.theosgoodfile.com/osgood/thu3.htm

--- Jay

--
__!__
Jay and Teresa Masino ___(_)___

Checkout http://www.oc-adolfos.com/
for the best Italian food in Ocean City, MD and...
Checkout http://www.brolow.com/ for authentic Blues music on Delmarva