Old January 13th 06, 03:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Single-Engine Partnership vs. Used vs. Flying Clubs

"Peter R." wrote in message

In general, how do aircraft partnerships work? Do partnerships exist
for singles? Are they a good idea vs. purchasing a used aircraft
outright? What about flying clubs - do they typically offer good
multi-day rental rates or have aircraft available for scheduled use?

Simplistically, you can get a feel for it by understanding this:

1 = low 10= high

Operating costs (hourly and monthly)
==================
Owning: 10
Partnership: 7
Flying Club: 3

Aircraft Availability:
Owning: 10
Partnership: 6
Flying Club: 3

How many people operate their business via club aircraft?

Try covering an area 700 miles by 900 miles in your typical club aircraft!
:~) (I did it for our first two years and wore my wife and I ragged.)