Old January 14th 06, 02:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Czech Mermaid Amphib

I was on track to examine the initial models of this aircraft Monday,
but my plans have been changed by a family emergency.

Any comments from people who've laid hands on these birds at Oshkosh,
Sebring or Sun-n-Fun?

I've just devoted Spring and Summer to flying an Aventura 1-seater,
having a blast and logging over 450 water landings. Sex pales compared
to the thrill of putting ear buds under 32dB ear defenders, skipping
like a motorized rock along shorelines, in and out of coves, past jet
skis and boats. Life is incomplete until you've thrown down the gear
underwater, waddled up a ramp and taken a leg-stretch/pee/photo-op
break. The whole community got involved in this delightful
undertaking. My humble resume includes all manner of lightplanes, some
chopper orientation, going past Mach 1 as PIC, flying every Boeing
700-series but the 737 and the 747; yet, none of these compares to
water flying.

Please, share your gut reaction to this new design, if you've had a
chance to see it up close!