Old July 5th 06, 08:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Javier[_1_]

Default NetJets Layoff

In the long run, as Jay said, we all pay for it, since the cost of those
premiums is passed on to us consumers.

-jav

wrote:
You don't pay for unemployment benefits, the companies do in the form
of unemployment insurance premiums.

Jay Honeck wrote:
depending what was in the contract they signed... I'm sure a few lawyers
will be interested in these "voluntary resignations"..

that means they can't collect un employment benefits

These folks will all get unemployment benefits, whether they are
eligible or not.

Remember: The bureacrats who run our government aren't interested in
fixing problems. On the contrary, they depend on more and more people
needing their help, in order to thrive. They therefore have an
unstoppable will (and, sadly, unchecked ability) to bring more people
into their care -- and this provides them with absolute job security.

I've seen the system in action (in Iowa and Wisconsin), and it is a
farce. If it weren't so sad, it would be laughable.

And we ALL pay for it, in the long run.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA