Old October 23rd 11, 08:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mottley[_2_]

Default Cambridge 302 needle stops moving intermittently

On Oct 23, 10:36*am, Peter Purdie wrote:
If you don't want to use the flight recorder, you could open it up and
reseat the inter-board connectors (using contact cleaner sparingly). *Strip
and reassembly is not difficult with care.

If you want to use the flight recorder for any claim/competition then
opening kills the electronic seal, so it needs to go to the factory (or
approved repair agent outside the US) anyway after fixing.

At 04:22 23 October 2011, Eric Greenwell wrote:

On the last two flights, the needle on my 302 stopped moving. Cycling
the power didn't bring the needle to life, but the everything else
continued to work: audio, slow/fast arrows, averager, MC setting, GPS.

The first flight, it began moving again after a half hour or so; on the
second flight, it didn't start working again until I tried it again
about an hour after I landed.

Is there fix for this besides sending it back to Cambridge?

email me)

some older models had a problem with the indicater coming loose or
falling off,
again requiring an opening of unit to reclue the needle on its axle
and of course a reseal by approved dealer or factory.