Old July 8th 05, 09:16 PM
Montblack

("Jim Burns" wrote)
FOOD NETWORK LOOKS FOR UNIQUE TAILGATERS AT EAA AIRVENTURE OSHKOSH
Al Roker Productions, Inc. will visit Oshkosh for the first two days of
EAA
AirVenture 2005 - Monday, July 25, and Tuesday, July 26 - in search of
extraordinary tailgating set-ups to include in a special two-hour program
air October 6 on the Food Network. If you think your party, camping group,
or special meal really stands out in the crowd, they would like to know
about it. Whether you're featuring mouth-watering food, the latest in
high-tech appliances, interesting figures and personalities, or all of the
above, they'd like to hear from you.

I'm not very good at accommodating TV producers, TV reporters, etc. Too
cynical? Bitter? Jaded?

On the flip side I really enjoy their effort.

However, on the flip-flip side, entertainment TV segments seem sort of like
organ transplants to me. The person giving up the organ (or their heirs)
gets nothing out of the whole process - even to the point of being barred
from financial compensation by law. While everyone on the other side of the
[camera] is raking in the bucks ...rolling in the dough if you will.

AFAJIC, if he doesn't pay the producers a fee for showing his big white sign
in the background, they'll just blur it out. If Bud Light is a sponsor and
I'm drinking something else, they'll blur that out too. *******s! Good work
if you can get it though :-)

To sum up: If they would stay until Wednesday evening ...that would be so
cool!!!

Montblack