Old September 4th 06, 09:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

Default NATCA Going Down in Flames

"Stefan" wrote in message
Jay Honeck schrieb:

In our college town, we've visited restaurants where you couldn't tell
the employees from the customers.

There *are* some jobs which require some kind of uniform. E.g. it's a good
thing if you recognize a policeman and it's probably a good thing when you
can tell a waiter from a guest, too. But besides such jobs, who cares what
people wear. I do care how they're doing their job, and everything else is
not my business.

Stefan

Well, I don't recall having a job in the last 37 years or so where I could
show up in cutoffs or flip flops. A good number of those years, I even had
to wear a tie (except for when I was acutally under the hood of a car).
Nowadays it's a "buisness casual" dress code which excludes sneakers, much
less flip flops...

And, yes, a few of those years were in a union shop - thanks, but no thanks.

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com