Old March 8th 08, 04:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.global-warming
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default Global Warming The debbil made me do it

Talk-n-Dog wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dan wrote in news:b9da4887-a6d3-4c09-b9e5-
:
Get out... now that would be some ride!

A good, stiff road bicycle caring down a mountainside would probably
be the closest in feeling, I suppose?

What, to the 22 Raleigh? It has front suspension. A double acting
springer fork and nothing on the back, bu tit only does about 35. The
Mathcless isn't moine, it's a friends, but it is absolutely the best
handling thing i have ever ridden, including a fireblade.and a 998
duke. The mathcless was a G12 and was very quick for it's day, but is
very tame by today's standards. It's so predictable, though, os sure
footed and just such a pleasure to ride ( except for the vibes, of
course)

The biggest leaps I've experienced have been in adhesion in turns,
suspension (and thus cornering), and of course acceleration. I can
take turns on today's tires at speeds I simply wouldn't try on older
skins.

And of course that lovely 0-150 in less time that I care to
remember....

!!! I've never done 150 on a bike! My BMW will do about 110 and
that's

Ducati will do 130.

This one will go a lot faster than that. Well over 160 as reported by
thr owner. It's 0-100 time is mindblowing, about 6 seconds. Scariest
thing I was ever on , though he assures me it feels real comfy after
only a few miles.

Bertie