Old December 28th 09, 02:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
Typhoon502

Default Fast Boat Threat Faces Hail of Hellfires

On Dec 28, 9:23*am, Andrew Chaplin
wrote:
wrote :

On Dec 26, 2:02 am, "dott.Piergiorgio"
wrote:

[SNIP]

Indeed. If we want to draw a parallel with weapons system of a
century or so ago, the penguin is like the "secondary battery"
available to helos, the main being the harpoon and the tertiary these
navalisedhellfire.... I guess everyone can agree that a penguin is an
overkill
against pirate skiffs and iranian large RHIB and similiar types of
pousserie Navale.

Can any helicopters actually launch Harpoon?

Global Security's page on the AGM-84 suggests not:http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...ons/agm-84.htm.

I remember seeing a theoretical Sea Apache drawing with Harpoon
loaded, but obviously that never came to pass.