Old February 18th 04, 11:06 PM
Peter Duniho

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
news:%uRYb.353608$na.522124@attbi_s04...
[...]
I've never heard of anyone frying their retinas by looking at a radio
transmitter, but this begs the question: Can the lens in your eye focus
radio waves?

No. Even though they are "the same" kind of physical manifestation, the
difference in wavelength is very significant. Radio waves behave "the same"
as light waves in that they can be blocked, reflected, refracted, etc. but
because of the frequency difference, it will require different kinds of
materials to produce "the same" effects.

The lens in your eye is not going to have any significant effect on the
transmission of radio waves through that lens.

Which is not to say that "powerful radio waves" are not landing on your
retina. They are. They just haven't been focused by your eye's lens.

There's nothing to worry about though. We are all constantly bombarded by
radio waves coming from every direction, in all sorts of wavelengths.
"They" say that the radio waves are harmless. You believe "them", don't
you?

Pete