Old September 22nd 05, 11:59 AM
John Theune

Jon A wrote:
On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 12:38:02 GMT, John Theune
wrote:

Jon A wrote:

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 21:33:24 GMT, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote:

"Jon A" wrote in message
m...

Unions are there to protect the working class from
unfair management practices, which unfortunately shows their true
colors.

What unfair management practices?

Ones that would be allowed to proliferate if no unions were present.
How about 14 hour work days with no breaks for starters? I really
don't believe that someone who is as learned as you appear to be would
ask that question. Check a history book if you want to know more.

Which has been turned into law, so the need for unions to enforce this
has pretty much gone away. What has not gone away is the ability for
unions to backmail companies into agreeing to contracts that cripple
their ability to compete. Unions played a important role in the
creation of fair labor laws to protect workers but the need for them in
that role has passed and now they are hurting the workers more then
helping them as a company that goes out of business employs no one.

Sounds like a pure republican talking.

You make it sounds like a bad thing, while I think it's a good thing.
If you would like to rubute my post feel free to, but assigning a
political label to me does not advance the discussion one bit.
John