Old February 16th 07, 04:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Robert M. Gary

Default Instrument Rating tests

On Feb 15, 5:03 pm, "kevmor" wrote:
I understand it as the IRA (Instrument Rating Airplane) and FII
(Flight Instructor Instrument) tests come from the same question
bank. Does the FII test expire like the IRA does? I didn't see it in
part 61 unless I'm missing something. To me, it seems like none of
the tests expire for CFI?

As others have said, it does expire. If you take the IRA also take the
IGI exam and get your IGI rating for free (assuming you already have
FOI).
The one difference between CFI knowledge tests and pilot knowledge
tests is that you do not need an endorsement to take the CFI knowledge
tests, just walk in and take them. I never figured out why the FAA
requires endorsements for the pilot knowledge exams.

-Robert, CFII