Old April 23rd 05, 06:13 PM
G Farris

In article ,
says...

Keynesian economics, which applies a supply-and-demand model to the labor
market, was developed before the advent of large scale spcial programs,

which
resulted in a significant proportion of a society being paid more not to

work
than they would earn working.

Could you cite the part of Keynes work that states this? :~)

Let's read my statement again, and I think we'll agree the statement suggests
Keynes work pre-dated this state of affairs, and thus cannot, by itself,
suffice to analyse today's labor market, which has been affected by social
programs beyond any recognition by someone of Keynes' era.

You like sources? LA TRIBUNE (French economic daily) reported yesterday

the
results of a governmant analysis which showed that most people presently
benefiting from "reinsertion" welfare will earn less when they actually do

get
a job. This is considered to be a big hurdle for Mr Douste-Blazy (minister

of
health and "family affairs") who has the daunting task of trying to

propose a
reform for this type of social welfare.

That's just their opinion.

Which part of it is opinion? I thought you had just demonstrated to us that
economists do not have opinions. Anyway, these "opinions" are far more
pertinent to the present-day situation in France than your 1930's novel.

G Faris