Old February 7th 04, 02:23 AM
John

"Dennis O'Connor" wrote in message ...
John it sounds to me like you will be happy whichever big party controls the
oval orifice becasue they both intend to spend their way to relection...
denny

I always thought that neither governments nor families should go into
debt or live beyond their means. It is disappointing that neither
party is focused on managing the debt, as this will create much bigger
problems in the future. The key is moderation and balance - some
debt passed long to future generations is justified and representative
of investments made on theior behalf; selfishness in current spending
with the bills to be paid by others is wrong, though. The key is
balance, which I will up to economists and scholars far smarter than
me. John.